Just for fun, why not try our quick quiz? It contains ten brief questions about some of the things you have learned in this lesson.
If you don’t want to try the quiz, just click on the ‘Mark Complete’ button below to skip the quiz and proceed to the end of lesson feedback page.
However, if you’d like to give it a go, click on the ‘Start quiz’ button below!
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
We hope you enjoyed our quick terminology quiz. If you got some of the answers wrong why not take another looks at the relevant part of this course.
- Question 1 of 10
What are these parts of the ear called?
Drag and drop the following names to the letters in the table below.
- Tympanic membrane
- Eustachian tube
- Auditory nerve
- Question 2 of 10
Which part of the ear does glue ear affect?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 10
What are the nicknames for the three little bones (or ossicles) in the middle ear?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 10
Which of these audiograms shows the correct location of the ‘speech banana’?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 10
Match up the definitions of the different types of hearing loss:
- Difficulties in hearing caused by the outer or middle ear preventing sounds from being transmitted.
- Difficulties in hearing due to damaged or missing cochlear hair cells, so complete sound messages are not be sent to the brain.
- Difficulties in hearing caused by the auditory nerve not transferring signals efficiently.
- Difficulties in hearing caused by a combination of both sensory and conductive losses.
- Conductive hearing loss
- Sensory hearing loss
- Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder
- Mixed hearing loss
- Question 6 of 10
On an audiogram, which symbols and colours are used to indicate each ear?
- Circles (in red if in colour)
- Crosses (in blue if in colour)
- Right ear
- Left ear
- Question 7 of 10
What are the 6 sounds used in the the Ling 6 Sounds Speech Test?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 8 of 10
Which of these audiograms shows a child with a moderate hearing loss in the left ear and a profound hearing loss in the right ear?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 9 of 10
What is the loudness of conversational speech in decibels (dB)?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 10 of 10
Which of these is the medical term for a visual inspection of the outer ear, ear canal and ear drum?CorrectIncorrect