This special course from The Elizabeth Foundation (only available free-of-charge to Baby, Toddler and Preschool programme members) helps parents of babies and young deaf children learn about the technology and terminology relating to hearing loss.
As a parent of a child with hearing loss you have to come to terms with a wide range of terminology, testing and technology that most people rarely encounter.
We have designed this short course to help you start learning about these things. The lessons in this course:
- explain how the different parts of the ear help us to hear sounds
- describe the various types of hearing test you might encounter
- show you how to ‘read’ the audiograms produced by these tests
- provide advice on how to help your young child get used to wearing their hearing aids (and how to keep them in!)
- demonstrate how to maintain your child’s hearing technology so it is working effectively
- give you the chance to try a quick and fun (optional) quiz