Let’s Listen and Talk is a programme for deaf children from birth to 5 years old provided by experts at The Elizabeth Foundation.
Please note: We are waiving all fees until further notice for the Let’s Listen and Talk programme so that families who need it at the current time can benefit from our advice, information and guidance.
Helping babies and young children with hearing loss
We have created Let’s Listen and Talk specially for families who want to help their baby, toddler or pre-school child with hearing loss develop listening, spoken language and communication skills.
Let’s Listen and Talk enables you to access The Elizabeth Foundation’s decades of expertise in helping young deaf children learn to listen and communicate, even if you’re not able to attend our family centre in person.
Our shared goals
The Let’s Listen and Talk programme has a few simple goals for your child.
Our shared goals are:
- Your child is wearing their hearing aids or cochlear implants all their waking hours – in fact your child positively enjoys wearing them!
- Your child is learning how to listen using their hearing technology – your child is becoming curious about the new sounds they are hearing
- Your child is beginning to understand what people are saying to them – your child’s world is beginning to make sense to them
- Your child is confident to use their voice – they recognise that sound and words are an effective way to get what they want and are happy to try!
- Your child is increasingly communicating effectively for themselves – it is entirely natural for your child to communicate through listening and speaking.
Find out more
Take a look at the following information on this website to find out more:
- How to join
- Key features of the programme
- Common questions
- About The Elizabeth Foundation
- About our course leaders